Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Back on the Wagon


In September I started Weight Watchers...again...I had lost 73 pounds since I had my lap band surgery and had hit a plateau. I thought it would be helpful to join with a friend and really have a weight loss plan. Things started going really well. I was losing weight consistently and at a healthy pace, I actually got down to 98 pound loss! I was so excited to finally hit the 100 pound mark.

Everything got derailed in February when I got kidney stones. That was one of the worst experiences of my life! Because I was so nauseous and throwing up all the time, my doctor unfilled my band. So, my empty band coupled with the complications of the stone, caused me to slowly start putting weight back on. As of today I am back up to the 73 pound loss. It has been such a mental blow to me to gain back the weight and to basically have set myself back 8 months! I was really just out of the game.

I am finally back on the wagon and have made committments to myself to follow the program. I have gotten some fluid put back into my band, but really need to get another fill so that my band can help me with my weight loss war. I promise myself that I will keep track of my food, my activity, and stay within my points allowance. I KNOW that this works for me, I had such good success just a few months ago.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa,
    I'm visiting from the Healthy You Challenge. Congrats on your recommitment to lose the rest of the weight - although I have to say you've lost so much already, that is inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the HYC! Glad you've joined us. I must say, it's very difficult to read the purple text on the black background. Or is it just my old eyes???? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the Healthy You Challenge! Best wishes to you on your journey!

    *huggles*
    =0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to HYC!

    I know how hard it is to put back on weight you fought so very hard to lose, but still be proud of those 73lbs & know that you CAN do it agin & lose the rest again.

    We're here for you!

    ReplyDelete