Saturday, August 22, 2009

On Top of the World



Today was another great weigh-in...in the past two weeks I have lost another 9.2 pounds. It feels so good to be back in control of myself. I am doing everything that I know I should be doing.
In my job I eat out with wholesalers 3-4 times per week. Sometimes it is breakfasts and sometimes it is lunch. I have learned that I don't need to feel uncomfortable when I request my meal made without oils or butter, when I ask for my dressings and sauces on the side. At first all of the guys were giving me a hard time about it, but now I am seeing more and more of them trying to make healthy choices and be more aware of what they are eating.

Now that I am on a roll I am excited to keep the momentum going. I feel like my old self again. It feels so good to have my clothes start fitting better again. It was so hard the past couple of months as I could feel them getting tighter and tighter. I hated all of my clothes and didn't feel like I had anything to wear. There were some clothes that I had bought in February right before I got my kidney stones and was thrown in a weight gain tail-spin that I haven't been able to wear the past couple months. I am soooo glad that I caught myself before things got too out of control. Now I feel like I am on top of the world.




3 comments:

  1. That's terrific, Melissa! You're doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great news, Melissa - getting back on track is such a good feeling!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog about my goal weight - you are so right, it has to be what my body and mind want, not to please anyone else. Good point!

    How much more do you need to lose?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! 9.2 pounds in two weeks is excellent. Congrats.

    Well done on ordering healthy at restaurants. I still have difficulties in that area.

    ReplyDelete