Tuesday, June 16, 2009

No Trespassing!


Sometimes I feel myself going down the scary road...do you know the one I mean? The scary road that begins with negative thoughts and has all sorts of pot holes and blind curves that lead to nothing but trouble? Thoughts like "I am not thin enough, not pretty enough, not fun enough...just plain not enough" OR "I will be happy when I lose weight, when I get married, when my butt stops jiggling when I walk, when...(fill in the blank)?
Well, I have decided that I am going to post a huge NO TRESPASSING sign at the beginning of that scary road. Fortunately, I have good friends in my life who can help me recognize when I have started down that path and can help me get off of it quickly and back on the road of happiness and contentment.


The mind is a powerful thing and I know that for me once I let negative thoughts start to pollute my brain waves those negative thoughts become toxic and start poisioning my life. No more! I am going to live by the "No Trespassing" mantra...I think I will have some T-shirts made! Who wants one? (For those of you following both of my blogs you will notice that this is a duplicate post...however it seemed to fit both parts of my split personality! haha!)

2 comments:

  1. Conquering those thoughts can be a bigger battle than eating healthy or exercising!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite the challenge but probably the most important one!

    I know for me I have to start each day, each activity really with the attitude that it will either be 'good' or 'great'- ok, mediocre, bad, etc. are no longer a part of my vocabulary and soon will hopefully no longer be part of my thought process

    ReplyDelete